The Best Pet Toothbrush To Help Clean Your Pet’s Teeth
The best Pet toothbrush to help clean your pet’s teeth is the BrushMate. The BrushMate Dual-Ended toothbrush design and angled bristles help remove plaque buildup and food debris with regular brushing. Dual size angled soft brush heads to gently clean all sizes of teeth. It has an ergonomic handle with a flat center that enhances grip control. The long neck is great for hard to reach areas. The special rubber stimulators gently massage pets’ gums and the tongue cleaner helps remove bacteria.
Instructions how to brush your dog’s teeth
1. The Set Up: Depending on the size of your canine companion, you can either hold your dog in your lap (smaller dogs) or you can sit beside your dog (larger dogs).
2. Round-Up Your Tools: It is important to use a toothbrush and toothpaste made especially for dogs. The type of toothbrush differs depending on the size of your dog. BrushMate is ideal as it has two head sizes to accommodate all dog sizes. Toothpaste-wise, any toothpaste for dog works and they even come in fun flavors that your pups will love!
3. Pup Preparation Part 1: To ensure that your dog feels comfortable, start by rubbing your finger gently over the outer surface of where their gums and teeth meet, as well as the outer surface of their teeth. You can do this by gently pulling down their bottom lip and lifting up their top lip. Depending on your dog, they might be comfortable with this after the first session or it might take a few before they are comfortable.
4. Pup Preparation Part 2: This part comes with a taste test for your pup. Once your dog is comfortable with the previous step, let your dog taste the toothpaste off the tip of your finger. This will allow your pup to get used to the taste and feel of the toothpaste. If it is a flavor they like, they will view it as a treat. If your pup does not like the toothpaste chosen, switch up the flavor, as it is important your dog sees the toothpaste as something they like!
5. Brushing Their Teeth: Once your pup is comfortable with the 2 steps of pup preparation, they are now ready for a toothbrush to be incorporated. To start, put a very small amount of toothpaste on the toothbrush. Our product, the BiteBlock makes the teeth brushing process very easy for you and your pup; some might even call it a life-changing gadget. To open your pup’s mouth, insert the BiteBlock into the side of your dog’s mouth, and as they bite down on it, it will help keep their mouth open and help you steady their jaw.
Brush your pet’s teeth on the opposite side of the BiteBlock with your free hand, making sure to start from the lower teeth. Do this for about 30 seconds and then move to the upper teeth. Focus on outer surfaces of the larger teeth and the canine teeth, as that is where majority of plaque buildup is seen. To get rid of that unwanted plaque make sure to angle the bristles of the brush to reach the gum line. Once done on that side, repeat steps on the other side of your pet’s mouth.
Note that you will have to progressively build up sessions for your dog to get used to teeth brushing and slowly work your way up to brushing all teeth regularly.
6. End on a Positive Note ALWAYS: Never end brushing your dog’s teeth on a negative note, as they will remember and associate teeth brushing with a negative connotation. To avoid this while brushing your pup’s teeth, reassure them at all times. When you are finished brushing their teeth, give them a treat or reward for their amazing behavior and cooperation.
Although it may seem like a long and dreadful process, it really does not have to be, especially with the BrushMate and BiteBlock combo! Remember, a little brushing a day goes a long way!
Important Notes/Things to Consider: Our Paw Ready team highly recommends starting to use the BiteBlock on your pet at an early age, as regular brushing of your pet’s teeth will get them accustomed to a regular routine of oral care. Please note that your pet may need to be trained to accept the BiteBlock in their mouth. Progressively building up brushing sessions over time, until your pet is comfortable with the BiteBlock. Additional time may be required if BiteBlock is being introduced to older pets.
2 Colours- Smart Features
The BrushMate comes in two different colours: Orange and blue.
- Dual size angled soft brush heads to gently clean all sizes of teeth.
- An ergonomic handle with a flat center that enhances grip control.
- A long neck for hard to reach areas.
- Special rubber stimulators gently massage pets’ gums.
- Tongue cleaner to help remove bacteria.
Subscribe Our Newsletter.
Get updates on our products and discount coupons.